Discover the Dental Advantages of Teeth Implants over Bridges
If you have teeth that are missing or damaged, two of your options for treatment are dental implants and bridges. Since it’s not always easy to pick the right treatment, use this helpful guide to see why dental implants are the right choice for a having a healthier, better smile.
The Demand for Dental Implants
Dental experts agree that teeth implants offer several major advantages over other teeth replacement treatments, such as tooth-supported fixed bridges. That’s why implants dentistry has become incredibly popular among both patients and dentists. According to implants dentistry specialists, dental implants are demanded more than bridges because they offer so many advantages:
- Feeling, functioning, and looking like natural teeth
- Much more aesthetically-appealing than bridges
- No harm to adjacent teeth, unlike bridges whose proper fit requires grinding down the nearby teeth
- Bone stays in better shape than with a bridge, which allows some bone to erode over time
- Direct integration with the jawbone for maximum bone health and personal comfort
- Easy to maintain and keep clean, as opposed to bridges that can allow bacteria to leak in and cause severe decay
Dealing with Healing from Implants Dentistry
After you get teeth implants, you can expect for it to take two to four months for the bone to fully heal. Just realize that this time frame varies by the case and the circumstances, so think of this as a general guide to how long it takes to heal.
The Care and Cleaning for Teeth Implants
Just like natural teeth, dental implants call for healthy oral hygiene and proper dental maintenance to look and function their best. While implants are not susceptible to decay and disease like natural teeth, you still need to follow these simple dental care steps:
- Brush at least twice a day
- Floss at least once a day
- Go for regular professional dental check-ups and cleanings
- Get periodic x-rays to check jawbone health
- Have ongoing implant check-ups to ensure proper function and care
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Munster, call Wadas Dental of Munster today at (219) 552-7674 or make an appointment.
Wadas Dental of Munster offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Munster. Our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Wadas Dental of Munster, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Wadas Dental of Munster.