Face the Frightening Facts about Diabetes and Oral Health
If you suffer from diabetes, you must be aware of new research findings on the relationship between diabetes and periodontal disease. Find out what you can do to protect your health and your smile.
Uncover the Truth about Diabetes and Oral Health Problems
There is a dangerous connection between diabetes and teeth. Research shows that people with diabetes run a greater risk of periodontal disease, which is the most serious stage of gum disease. This severe form of gum disease can be extremely painful and can do damage to your gums and bones. And if your diabetes isn’t under control, you are much more inclined to develop major dental issues, such as:
- Swollen, red, tender gums
- Bleeding gums
- A fungal infection called thrush
- Dry mouth, which occurs you have very little saliva
- Tooth loss
- Bone loss
Prevent Problems with Diabetes and Teeth
Knowing the dental dangers of diabetes and periodontal disease, you have to be pro-active about managing your health. Luckily, there are many things you can do to protect yourself from problems. Try these helpful tips to maintain your dental health:
- Control your blood glucose level.
- Maintain good dental habits at home, including brushing your teeth at least twice a day and flossing on a daily basis.
- Visit your dentist at least twice a year. You may need to go more often if you’ve had a history of diabetes and oral health issues.
- Stop smoking.
- Monitor your mouth for any dental issues.
- If you experience any oral problems, call your dentist immediately
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Munster, call Wadas Dental of Munster today at (219) 552-7674 or make an appointment.
Wadas Dental of Munster offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Munster. Our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Wadas Dental of Munster, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Wadas Dental of Munster.