What You Need to Know about Full and Partial Dentures
Eating, talking, and smiling with confidence can all be difficult when you lose your natural teeth. Fortunately, modern dentistry offers a great solution. Today’s full dentures and partial dentures are more realistic and comfortable than ever, and there are options to fit every budget. To get started, see your regular dentist. You may be referred to a special dentures dentist called a prosthodontist if your needs are complex. If you’re like most people who are considering dentures, you probably have lots of questions. Here are answers to a few of the most common.
What Kinds of Dentures Will I Have to Choose From?
Full dentures replace all of the teeth in your mouth. They rest against the gum tissue that covers your jawbone. Partial dentures replace only some of your teeth; they are usually designed to attach to natural teeth that are still in your mouth. Dental implants may be used to help stabilize both types of dentures.
How Should I Care for My Dentures?
Caring for dentures is probably less complicated than you may think. Here are the highlights:
- If your dentures break or become damaged, don’t try to fix them yourself. Take them to your dentures dentist, or prosthodontist, as soon as possible.
- Brush dentures daily with a non-abrasive soap or denture cleaning paste. Do not use regular toothpaste as it may damage dentures.
- Sleeping in dentures is acceptable, but it’s better to remove them and allow your gums to rest. And you should never wear your dentures for 24 hours without removing them for hygiene and to rest your gums.
- Speaking with dentures takes practice. Reading aloud in private can help.
- You’ll be able to eat normally with dentures, as you grow accustomed to them. Start out with soft foods and gradually add in different textures. If your dentures slip while you’re eating, try using denture adhesive.
- Dentures are made of plastic and can’t be whitened. Regular brushing and soaking with denture stain removal products can keep them looking their best.
How Much Will Dentures Cost Me?
The cost of your dentures will depend on a wide variety of factors including your location and the condition of your mouth. The best way to learn more about the price of dentures is to consult a dentures dentist, or prosthodontist. Your local dental society may be able to help you find low-cost resources.
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Munster, call Wadas Dental of Munster today at (219) 552-7674 or make an appointment.
Wadas Dental of Munster offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Munster. Our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Wadas Dental of Munster, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Wadas Dental of Munster.